We're always looking for smart dedicated people. Please feel free to submit your resume or check back for updated positions. See open positions below and submit applications to email@example.com.
IT SpecialistThe IT Specialist's primary role is to be responsible for company-wide desktop, laptop, mobile device, and application support. Additionally, this person will support infrastructure under the guidance of a third party partner. This person will be very hands-on supporting the company's computer hardware, operating systems, and software including office productivity and other applications. This is an internal customer facing role and requires excellent prioritization, responsiveness, and customer service, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:Apply
- Provide timely, efficient, and courteous service to our internal customers via hands-on and remote support
- Process incoming service requests; assign, triage, track, escalate, & resolve support events using the company ticketing system and other provided tools to ensure timely resolution of issues, producing a high degree of satisfaction from your customers
- Establish processes and procedures and make recommendations for improvements to ensure the uniform delivery and repeatability of IT support services
- Deploy technology including standard company desktop PCs, laptops, and mobile devices, with both Apple and Android operating systems, to ensure the most efficient and stable equipment and software are being used in the company
- Maintain accurate documentation for all relevant support-related processes and procedures including, but not limited to, updating systems and application technical standards, installation notes, and support procedures
- Keep an accurate inventory of equipment and software assigned to employees
- Understand, analyze, and resolve usability and stability issues in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and Office 365
- Facilitate the process of employee on-boarding and terminations by managing the delivery or re-purposing of designated company equipment and software
- Help manage, update, replace, and operate infrastructure components
- Participate in team meetings by reporting on issues such as service complaints, open tickets, high-touch items, and escalations among other things
- Provide recommendations on how to improve the service delivery of the IT Support Team
- Train and educate users in best practices
- Create/delete users in an Active Directory
- Experience in the administration of networked desktop and laptop systems, Windows XP/7/8, Active Directory, remote troubleshooting desktops, and utilizing TCP/IP in a LAN environment
- Experience with installing, troubleshooting, configuring and managing:
- Windows XP/7/8 workstations
- MS Office Suite
- Printers & VoIP Phones
- Desktop scanners and digital senders
- Experience in troubleshooting MAC’s
- Motivated team player with a passion for client-service focus
- Patience, a good attitude, and a strong desire to learn new skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all staffing levels including senior management
- Good time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently
- High motivation level and strong work ethic
- Ability to independently analyze and resolve technical problems
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel within the DC metro area
- Some light to medium lifting is required
- Ability to use standard tools
- Minimum 3 years of relevant, progressive IT support experience
- Current MCP and Network+ certifications or equivalent with the ability to gain VCA-DT certification
- This person needs to be an innate team player and be willing to help beyond his/her job description
Ad Operations Director (Washington, DC)The Ad Operations Director is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day of the ad ops team, while looking for opportunities to increase operations efficiencies. The Ad Operations Director reports to the Senior Media Director, Ad Operations. Tasks and responsibilities include:Apply
- Daily management of Ad Operations team, including supervision of ad trafficking, tag implementation, ongoing Q/A, monitoring, troubleshooting, and vendor needs
- Implementation, management, and team training of various tag management systems
- Central resource for the agency, operations team, and clients when it comes to various ad serving technologies, platforms, and best practices
- Custom solution development to achieve individual client and campaign goals
- Review and oversee operational or technical issues as they arise
- Execute and maintain training for existing and new ad operations team members, as well as media planners/buyers on an as-needed basis
- Manage data (input and output) of our various platforms and work with third parties and internal teams to implement and manage their data coming into the tools
- Proactively stay ahead of the curve of ad operations trends and keep current with online and media knowledge as a whole
- Manage existing third party vendor relationships and continuously meet/introduce new partners
- Assist with new business solutions
- Mentor team members and grow the collective skill set of the team
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years of experience in digital advertising operations
- Experience managing a team
- Extensive experience working on large scale accounts, preferably in an agency setting
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Extensive experience with ad serving platforms, such as DoubleClick, MediaMind (Sizmek), Atlas, Flashtalking
- Strong understanding of overall ad technology ecosystem, ad servers, DMPs, and other related products
Senior Account Executive (New York or DC)Bully Pulpit Interactive is seeking full time Senior Account Executive to join our growing team in New York or in Washington DC. The ideal candidate will have a background in content creation and a concentration in Jewish/Israeli issues. Is this you? You have an enthusiasm for politics, Jewish and Israeli cultural issues, and social and economic news. You love a lot of moving pieces and can manage multiple projects across different initiatives. You love checking things off your list and finding creative ways to get things done. You can create an agenda and walk people through it. You hold yourself and teams accountable to superior work quality. You like being in an environment where things constantly change, you can adapt your plans and your team well to it. You are not just a good writer you are a great writer. You understand how to tell a story from start to finish. You go deep to provide context and frame a moment. You read voraciously about current events and want to use your gift to be relevant. We’re looking for someone who understands the “big picture” but also knows how to get their hands dirty to launch advanced email marketing programs, social media, and on site testing. ResponsibilitiesApply
- Develop the initial digital strategy for content across our non-profits, political and corporate clients.
- The ability to execute advanced email marketing segmentation and social media campaigns
- A firm understanding for marketing objectives including but not limited to setting ROI goals, direct marketing objectives, and ultimately understanding how to measure the success of your campaigns.
- Draft copy for organizations that builds a narrative and is action oriented.
- Work together with designers, direct marketers, media planners, and client managers to provide impactful campaigns for our clients.
- 2+ years’ experience working in an ad agency, communications agency, nonprofit or corporate communications
- Experience with and passion for Jewish and Israeli cultural and political issues
- Extremely strong writing capabilities with experience managing nonprofit email fundraising and social media engagement campaigns.
- Strong analytical abilities and ability to communicate results to senior-level audiences.
- Optimize campaigns to achieve peak performance, primarily to track CPA and ROI goals.
- Draft advertising copy (text + graphics) for new and existing campaigns.
- Knowledge of social media marketing on platforms such as Twitter and Facebook
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with CRM platforms such as Blue State Digital, Raisers Edge, Salesforce and similar platforms
- A/B testing programs such as Optimizely.
- Knowledge of AdWords, AdCenter (Bing), DFA (DART/DoubleClick), Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube advertising a plus
Marketing & Design Fellowships
Bully Pulpit Interactive (BPI) is a marketing and communications agency based in Washington, DC and New York, NY. Founded by the digital team behind the '08 and '12 Obama campaigns, we now serve some of the biggest names in the corporate, non-profit and political arenas.Candidates will have the unique opportunity to work with major political races, leading philanthropic organizations and corporations. Fellows will work closely with BPI staff in order to support an array of projects from advertising campaign and website launches, to content, email and social media strategy. Online Marketing Fellowship Qualifications:
- Passion for technology, marketing and Democratic politics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment
- Experience writing online content social media, blogs, email marketing
- Desire to organize data and work toward actionable outcomes
- Excellent organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Excellent understanding of Excel, Word
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction as well as part of a team
- Understands deadlines
- Knowledge of AdWords, AdCenter (Bing), DFA (DART/DoubleClick), Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube advertising
- Knowledge of media buying and/or planning
- Knowledge of CRM platforms such as Salsa, Convio, Hubspot, Salesforce, MailChimp or similar platforms
- Knowledge of social media marketing on platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Instagram, Vine
- Knowledge of analytics and/or monitoring platforms such as Google Analytics, Omniture, Hootsuite, Topsy
- Knowledge of HTML, basic graphic design skills (Photoshop, Flash), and/or basic video editing skills (Final Cut Pro, QuickTime Pro, After Effects)
- Background/experience in advertising, marketing, social media, fundraising, email and/or politics
Graphic Design FellowshipQualifications:
- Excellent capabilities with Adobe Software Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash)
- Strong visual communication and layout skills; an eye for detail
- Understanding of online advertising units and creation of shareable/info-graphics
- Passion for technology, marketing and Democratic politics
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction as well as part of a team
- Understands deadlines
- Experience with photography, photo-editing, shooting video and/or video production (Final Cut Pro, QuickTime Pro, After Effects)
- Background/experience in new media or multimedia design
- Background/experience in advertising, marketing or politics a plus
Media Associate/Junior Media Planner (Washington, DC & New York)
We are looking for a media associate or junior media planner who can run a timely launch and execution of all media campaigns while adhering to BPI’s quality standards.
- Assist Media Planner in vendor communications, sending Requests For Proposals (RFPs) or Information (RFIs), and in negotiating rates, terms and conditions, added value, etc.
- Request screenshots from vendors.
- Work with the Media Planner to build media plans, book buys, create IOs, etc.
- Create supporting documents (e.g. flowcharts, decks, pacing docs, etc.) for campaigns as requested by the Media Planner.
- Set up and manage client folders in the shared drive to ensure all documents pertaining to a campaign are accessible to the team.
- Once Media Planner has approved buys to be booked, print and request signature for all Insertion Orders (IO) that are to then be organized and filed in the shared drive.
- Fill out the trafficking request sheet with buy details in order to minimize confusion, ambiguity, and wasted time when setting up campaigns in DFA.
- For campaigns run in TradeDesk and/or Brightroll, launch in the platforms after receiving tags from our internal Ad Ops.
- Pull daily reporting to monitor pacing and inform media planner of suggested optimizations in order to improve delivery speed and campaign performance.
- Monitor spend daily to ensure campaigns do not over- or under-deliver. Alert Media Planner of any issues asap.
- Create internal and external facing reports for the Media Planner and Client Lead throughout the campaign as well as a final recap once a campaign has ended.
- Update the master vendor contact sheet on the shared drive as needed.
Location: New York City and/or Washington, DC.
Employee Status: Full-Time.
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Bully Pulpit Interactive is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits: BPI offers a competitive benefits package including health care and 401k benefits.
Mission: Timely launch and execution of all media campaigns while adhering to BPI’s and Precision Network’s quality standards.
Result: Successful campaigns that achieve client’s media goals and/or learnings that can be applied to improve future campaigns.
- Act as the primary point of contact for vendors to communicate client needs or requests.
- Send Requests For Proposals (RFPs) or Information (RFIs) to vendors.
- Negotiate rates, terms and conditions, pricing models, added value, etc. on behalf of our clients to get the most out of the budget allocated to a campaign.
- In coordination with the Client Lead, respond to client’s media questions and requests.
- Send Authorization to Buy (ATB), media plans, flowcharts, and other such supporting documents to Client Lead/Client.
- Determine campaign goals and tactics for each client and develop a media plan that will achieve them; that includes allocating media budgets between channels, selecting the best vendors by using research tools and historical data, and providing rational for the approach chosen.
- Work with the Ad Ops Director and Media Director to set realistic timelines for launch based on the size of the campaign and communicate the timeline to the Client Lead/Client.
- Manage negotiation and media buying.
- Create Insertion Orders and work with vendors to ensure adherence to our terms and conditions.
- Send spec sheets to the Client Leads/Clients to ensure the right ads are built and that the creative is in harmony with media buy.
- Manage the trafficking and QA process.
- Launch and manage campaigns on Precision Network.
- Analyze and evaluate reports and results, translate data findings, and use data collected to plan for course correction or continuation of media programs.
- Work with Media Director and Client Leads to evaluate the success or failure of digital campaigns and help them determine next steps for a client.
- Provide the Client Leads with support when needed in communicating our media point of view, timelines, media recommendations, processes, etc.
- Confirm with Client Leads and the Finance team the billing and invoicing structure for each campaign.
- Oversee the Media Associate on spend delivery and manage the overall campaign budgets.
- Manage monthly and end of campaign reconciliation process; work with Finance to close out campaigns.
- Participate in brainstorm sessions with the intention of bringing new, original ideas to life.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- 2-4 years of media planning/buying experience, including 2 years focused on online.
- Thrives in a fast paced, deadline driven, changing environment; can adapt media plans due to changes in client objectives, priorities or budgets while minimizing impact on project momentum.
- Experience managing both brand and direct marketing initiatives.
- Thorough understanding of the media process, media department and inter-department relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to generate and present well-considered ideas and solutions.
- Experienced negotiator.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to relate results to client business objectives.
- Firm grasp of the various performance metrics and benchmarks as well as best practices.
- Ability to understand client goals and translate those into an effective media strategy.
- Balanced ability to perform analytically and creatively.
- Experience using DoubleClick Dart (or other ad serving technology) and with research tools such as comScore Metrix a plus.