Bully Pulpit Interactive Launches Vantage
BULLY PULPIT INTERACTIVE LAUNCHES NEW MARKETING PLATFORM TO BRING ROI TO REPUTATIONAL CAMPAIGNS
BPI’s Vantage platform measures shift in content and ad effectiveness beyond engagement metrics
(April 2, 2015, Washington DC) – Bully Pulpit Interactive (BPI), releases Vantage, a new ad tech platform that will change how corporate brands, political campaigns and advocacy groups measure online marketing – both paid and owned. For the past five years, BPI has been on the cutting edge of online marketing as it has evolved from fundraising-driven to social media to targeted inventory to viewable impressions. BPI works to ensure that digital campaigns can drive real world results and Vantage takes this evolution one step further to answer the question: “Did it work?” In measuring the change in audience attitudes, BPI can now put a return-on-investment for reputational marketing and measure persuasion on an individual level.
“Just because photos of pets get shared frequently on Facebook doesn’t make them persuasive,” said Andrew Bleeker, President of BPI. “We developed Vantage to see what moves the middle.”
BPI’s Vantage platform will help brands distinguish between persuasion and engagement metrics in marketing campaigns. A highly “liked” post or “clicked” ad may resonate with supporters, but not with persuadable audiences. While ecommerce and direct response advertisers have clear metrics such as conversion rate and order frequency, reputational advertisers have typically been forced to rely on proxy metrics like website visits, time on site, impressions and video completions – which do not measure whether the audience has been persuaded. Using Vantage, BPI will now be able to leverage metrics that really matter in advertising: message recall, issue favorability and intent to take action.
“Being able to optimize creative and marketing channels based on persuasion metrics – instead of engagement metrics – will help brands understand how they are actually moving their audiences over time,” said Mike Schneider, director of BPI Labs.
Below are the features of BPI’s Vantage platform.
INCREASE THE IMPACT OF PAID AND OWNED CONTENT
- Vantage measures the impact of paid and owned content by creative and message as well as tracks exposure from all digital channels to understand true reach and impact.
- Vantage evaluates the overall impact of a campaign to inform what content should be produced and marketed.
KNOW WHAT MOVES A PERSUADABLE AUDIENCE
- Vantage calculates persuasive value by content and audience.
- Vantage leverages the voter-file technology BPI pioneered in 2012 to provide deeper insights by tying custom audiences to online brand studies.
- Vantage measures how many customers, influentials or voters visit a website and looks at content consumption by age, gender, household income, education level, job function and more.
GET ACTIONABLE RESULTS AND MEASUREMENT
- The Vantage platform houses data in a reporting dashboard that shows campaign impact, creative testing and audience composition to drive actionable insights and accountability.
Learn more about BPI’s technology stack at: www.bpimedia.com/tech.